Caza's Book Club

This is my blog where I can write about writing about my stories and my corsets.

Now I'm a lil bit more awake, I should write some more about what we did yesterday, since I was quite terse in my last post.

The weather looked good, and we had a 2 for 1 voucher, so GF and I headed for Kew Gardens. I love to wander around places like that, looking for hidden unexplored corners and interesting places. It was the first time I was at Kew (which is the Royal Botanical Gardens, for those who don't know, West London, just next to the Thames).

The highlight was probably the tree top platform they have installed which takes you up to the very highest part of the trees and lets you wander round, gazing out as if you were a bird, perched in the high branches. A fascinating point of view to have:
Another highlight was Queen Charlotte's summer house, which was tucked away in a corner of the gardens - although it was closed: I guess it was closed for the winter, or only open sometimes, just seeing it there, and imagining the Queen and her ladies, dressed in their finest gowns, entertaining at a garden party, or some other occasion. It would have been quite a sight.

Coffee, cake and a gift shop later, and we headed for Westfield for a wander and bite to eat, then home, exhausted, probably from too much fresh air.

Today I don't have the bike, so a nice and early corseted waist - 6:30am start, nice posture on the train, need Starbucks!

0 comments:

Post a Comment