Caza's Book Club

This is my blog where I can write about writing about my stories and my corsets.
I was reading yesterday and found this article on Lucy's Corsetry site:

De-Sensationalizing the corset
It is about saying that the corset it just another garment - and should be worn as such, rather than being a special item with connotations of kink or fetish. I love this idea, and I'm getting there myself - it has become a daily thing for me, wearing it as long as I can, not too tight but tight enough. Aware of it like any other garment, but not distracted by it. When I recently took mine to be dry cleaned, I got a comment from the lady there that it must be uncomfortable - she wasn't really interested in my argument that it was actually quite comfortable, but it illustrates the general pre-conceptions about corsetry.

They can be everyday wear: I wear mine because I love the feeling it gives me and I love the figure it gives me, and, yes, there is a certain degree of fetish of being bound tightly into it with no trivial way out (I can't just kick it off like I can a pair of uncomfortable heels) but it is now just part of my daily routine, my lifestyle.

xoxo

CazaDolly

0 comments:

Post a Comment